Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Welcome to my new Followers...


  I would like to take a moment today to welcome all my new followers and fellow campaigners, and tell you a little something about me.

   Everyone who has been following me for a while, know I have a really weird sense of humor. Of course that is the nice way of saying I am off my rocker ... totally loony toons. If you didn't already know that, well I guess I just explained a lot, didn't I.

   All of you new followers... You have been warned.

   My philosophy  life is too short to spend it being serious all the time, (okay, okay for more than 2 seconds) and to get through this life sane...ish you can either laugh or cry. I chose to laugh, because crying makes my nose run and my eyes red. Not a pretty picture.

   I am a Proud Texan, born and raised. I was born many moons ago in San Antonio, the birthplace of the Alamo. (Yeah that Alamo, no, the real one. Not the Hollywood one.)
The Alamo San Antonio, Tx

   I have lived all over Texas: San Antonio, Corpus Christi. Fort Worth, Houston, Katy, Magnolia, Spring Branch, Shepherd and Coldspring. Yep, my family moved around a lot.

   I have been: an office worker, dance instructor, a massage therapist, delivery person, Insurance agent, sales person, Manager. I was even an extra on a movie once. I never did figure out what I wanted to be when I grew up.

   I have fallen out of trees, off boats, been through about 4 hurricanes, too many tornadoes to count, a few wreck (some NOT my fault) and now have a heart condition that has slowed me down.  Yes my Guardian Angel is up for platinum wings. She earned her silver and gold in record time.

   I like music, movies (old and new), books, gardening, sewing, crocheting, drawing (especially cartoons- the laugh thing again), cooking, dogs, astronomy.... long walks in the woods, okay now I sound like I'm looking for a date.

   You probably got the picture. I have a wide variety of interests, which might explain why I hop from subject to subject like a hyper rabbit.

   OH YES...AND I CAN'T SPELL WORTH A DARN!!!! 

   So now you know a little about me.  Welcome, and come on in...If you dare. You can't say you haven't been warned.


  

26 comments:

Jamie said...

I like your kind of crazy, it makes me laugh.

Happy Tuesday. :)

Miranda Hardy said...

I've been in the crazy club for a while now, and I have to say, I may now come out of the closet. lol

Glad you are apart of the campaign.

Theres just life said...

Jamie, I have completed my mission for today. Glad you like it.
Miranda, Come on out, there are a lot of us out here.

MorningAJ said...

I've done serious and I've done crazy. I'm looking for something in between. But crazy now and again is fine - so I'm an occasional visitor to your fun!

Parsley said...

Crazy bloggers and crazy readers. ;-)

TexaGermaFinlaNadian said...

What a cute idea to do for new readers :) Tell Texas I say hi! And quit being accident prone, lol

Claire Lachance said...

It's good to meet you. I'm just next door in New Mexico, LOL.

Brooke Rousseau said...

I visited San Antonio for the first time last summer. Loved the Alamo and the food!

As I see it, a little crazy is part of life.

alberta ross said...

well we have certainly been warned - but hey I guess we're all crazy if we write so we will feel right at home - am fellow short story campaigner dropping by for a slice of cake

patientdreamer said...

Wow! This is really cool, love it! Love your crazyness... yep and I can't spell either... lord bless whoever invented spellcheck...lol. Hi I am a very new campaigner, actually new in everything. Hope we get together soon.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

But we like your weird sense of humor!

Stacy S. Jensen said...

But, I thought the Alamo was in Brackettville. :) I lived on the border in Del Rio for a couple of years and visited the Alamo in San Antonio and then visited John Wayne's Alamo. I have spelling issues, too.

Scott Stillwell said...

Hi! Fellow "Humor" campaigner here. Looking forward to seeing just how crazy your blog is :)

Susanna Leonard Hill said...

You sound totally awesome :) Keep up the laughter!

Anonymous said...

Hi there, another Campaigner here!

We have several of the same interests, does that make me crazy too? ;)

Sher A. Hart said...

Hey from Florida. Hurricane central, lightning central, Tourist torture central, and crazy people central. Maybe the first three make the last inevitable. I love humor and puns. This is my first campaign so I really need followers. My first contest makes it easy, and only two entries so far. Great odds of winning chocolate (the first and only food group) or a gift card at http://sherahart.blogspot.com/2011/08/want-some-free-chocolate-brown-nosing.html Hope to see you there!

K said...

I love this jigsaw puzzle you've put together for us, so we can learn more about you! So many unique traits :) I love San Antonio! My family lived outside of Dallas for a couple of years, but San Antonio is my favorite.

JoAnna said...

Hi, Just dropping in from the Campaign to say 'hi'. I am in the same short stories group as you.

Rosalind Adam said...

You're making me feel sane and boring... which is good because I often feel as if I'm the one who's wappy. 4 hurricanes! Gosh, that's 4 more than I've seen.

Stephanie V said...

San Antonio is on the list, for sure. Now even more reason. Keep the crazy comin' - I love it. Then I don't feel so boring. Hey! I know some crazy cats!

S.C. Wade said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S.C. Wade said...

Hello there! Fellow Short Story Campaigner dropping by!

Jane Isfeld Still said...

My life is like a page from I Love Lucy so I can relate lol. Fellow Humor campaigner too and I can spell well just can't type so great so it looks like I make mistakes. :)

Jessica Love said...

Yay for crazy!

Al said...

Hey I can't spell either. That's what editors are for :-)

Rebecca Emin said...

I really enjoyed reading your intro post. Greetings from the campaign trail!