Tuesday, March 7, 2017

It's been awhile and a roller coaster of ride...

 
I haven't posted a blog in quite awhile. There has been a lot going on since. I was last on here. There has been so much going on.

I finally married my soul mate and the love of my life after 26 years. (He has been proposing for the last 15, I was the one who hesitated. I really don't know why).

Our wedding


We found out Jack had cirrhosis of the liver, from a blood transfusion back in 1989 that saved his life, but gave him Hepatitis C. He took medication and was pronounced Hep C negative.

We found out he qualified for a liver transplant. (Good and Bad news).

We then found out he had developed liver cancer from the cirrhosis.

3 months later we were told it might have spread outside the liver, so he was taken off the transplant list.

Then there was a Doctor who didn't think there was anything to worry about, so refused treatment. A discussion with the insurance allowed us to go outside of network to MD Anderson where we found a wonderful Doctor and staff. But the 6 week wait for treatment allowed the cancer to double in size and spread to the lung.

The only treatment available was given to him. By the time we found out it wasn't going to work. There were no trials available.

We were told the cancer was spreading so fast that he would probably not make Christmas.

Jack made Christmas and New Years, but passed away at home on January 12th.

I have been just kind of drifting these last few weeks. I have gained weight and cry at the drop of a hat. So I have decided I need to get back to my writing. I know that is what Jack would have wanted. He was after me for quite awhile to get back to writing and drawing. So I am going to try to do that.

I can't promise I wont vent my anger and frustration at life, but I will try to not be a downer all the time.


Jack on the Tall Ship Elissa at our daughter's wedding

2 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I'm so sorry to hear that. My prayers with you. I hope you will visit us more often and get back into writing.

Theres just life said...

Thank you Alex. I think I will get back to writing. It takes me out of my head and it is something I really enjoy. Besides I miss you guys.