Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Architecture...What type are you...

   I have been searching the real estate ads again. Still trying to get to the mountains, especially after all this heat. I found these ads, no I can't afford it but I had to look anyway.

   This got me to thinking of the difference between modern and traditional architecture. Most people love one and hate the other. There are also people who have their favorite, but can appreciate them both.  Which one are you?

   Check out the differences....

The outside...
Sonoma County Real Estate

Sonoma County Real Estate

The living room with a fireplace...
Real Estate Sonoma Valley

Real Estate Sonoma Valley

The kitchen...
Real Estate Sonoma Valley

Real Estate Sonoma Valley

The bedroom...
Real Estate Sonoma Valley

Real Estate Sonoma Valley

The yards...
Real Estate Sonoma Valley


Real Estate Sonoma Valley

Of course they both have something in common....
Real Estate Sonoma Valley

Real Estate Sonoma Valley


Mountain views!!!!

   Me, I am more the traditional romantic kind of person. That and a pack rat. I just don't fit those clean lines.

  Oh and by the way both of these are for sale in the Sanoma Valley Area of California. Even if I won the lottery I couldn't afford them.

9 comments:

MorningAJ said...

Can I have the traditional exterior but furnish it more like the modern one? (Not VERY modern, but along simpler lines than the current owners/dressers have)

Oh - and I'd like the swimming pool too, please. :)

Jamie said...

I am pretty much modern, but not as extreme as the example here...however, I would live in a cave if I could have the views that these two examples have.

Happy Tuesday! :)

Theres just life said...

AJ, You are one of the rare ones that appreciate both styles, and don't conform to labels. Congratulations.
Jamie, I agree with those views outside, who cares what the inside looks like. Just give me a chair and a way to make my coffee and I'll be happy.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I don't like really modern but I don't like older houses, either. However, that first one is more like a castle - that I could do!

Golden Eagle said...

I have to say, I like the efficiency of some modern architecture, but I'm not sure I'd want to live in them for too long; they're too flat. I prefer styles that still manage to be homey without having too much. (The table with the hearts is close.)

Laura Eno said...

The traditional one. Modern lines seem too sterile, although I like all the glass to look through. :)

Theres just life said...

Alex that is what jumped out at me too. I wouldn't mind living in a castle. You should have seen the wine cellar in that one.
Golden Eagle, Yes this traditional is a little over stuffed and the modern one is too cold. A nice in between one would work just fine.
Laura, I'm with you on the glass. Maybe a nice big multi-paned window in wood trim. I just love a good view, be it water or mountains.

M Pax said...

Both gorgeous, but I'd go for the contemporary. :)

Anonymous said...

There has to be a happy medium. Maybe a beautiful old building with a modern addition.
Thanks for dropping in on thefeatherednest...